For users who have social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, or Flickr), you can display those feeds on your site using the KU social blocks. There are two ways to do this, described below.
The KU Social Media Block
The KU Social Media block allows you to take the social media accounts you have for your site and display them in block in your unit sidebar. The social media block to the right serves as an example to what this option looks like. To configure this:
- Login as an Administrator
- Click on "Configuration"
- Click on "4. Social Media Settings"
- Fill in the form:
- Twitter Account Name - your account name on Twitter (eg. kunews)
Facebook Account Name - your account name of Facebook (eg. ku).Note: Facebook feeds are no longer being pulled into your website through this process. You can still embed your Facebook page however, but it is a different process. Your Facebook account must be publically viewable in order for it to show up.
- Youtube Channel Name - The name of your channel on Youtube (eg. ku).
- Pinterest Account Name - The name of your account on Pinterest (eg. kulibraries)
- Flickr Account Name - The name of your account on Flickr (eg. ku_ewd)
- Set Default Tab - The default social media account you want to show when the page loads.
- Once you have saved those settings, you can now add the social media block to your unit sidebar. To do this, click "Structure"->"Blocks"
- Locate the "KU Social media block".
- Change the region for this to "Unit/Dept Sidebar"
- Save the changes
Your social media block should now be appearing on the right side of your pages. See "Blocks - site administrator guide" for more information on working with blocks.
Including a feed within your page
Feeds can be included on any page following the format below:
- change "type=twitter" to "type=social_media_type" (see below)
- change "account=kunews" to "account=your_account_name"