Determining Your Needs
Creating your site or moving it to the new CMS can seem like a daunting task at first glance. It is important to be prepared with a good strategy as to how you will create and manage your new site. Some questions you might ask are:
- Is my current site working the way I want it to?
- What is the "goal" of my site—is it to provide information, recruit students, etc.?
- What are the most popular pages of my site?
- How old is my current content, and what needs to be rewritten?
- Who do I want to be responsible for the content on my site?
In considering the above information, we highly recommend looking at the Design section of this website, particularly the Information Architecture pages. Take advantage of this migration to clean up your current site and target it toward your audience and your goals. If you would like some additional consulting, please feel free to contact the Public Affairs Digital Media Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After developing a plan and draft site architecture, Site Administrators should contact Meredith Tack at the Office of Marketing Communications at 785-864-8906 or email@example.com to set up a pre-migration meeting. The Marketing Communications team will review your plan and site architecture and provide insights to help you in the migration process.