Date and Time Display Settings
- Having the day of the week and military time may be fine, but we can control that as well. In order to do that we can click on the gear icon for our Date field in the Manage Display tab in our field collection.
- Now under Format, you can Choose how users view dates and times. However, we have limited options.
- If none of those options float your boat, click on the Date and time settings link below the drop down. This will take you to the Date and Time page (also found Configuration -> Regional and language -> Date and time). By default we have the Long, Medium, and Short options. To create a new one click on + Add date type link and then name your new date type and select the format you want from the drop down menu and click Add date type.
- Now back to your date field in your field collection, click on the gear to update the settings for your date field. Under Choose how users view dates and times you will now see the new date type we just created. Go ahead and select that and click Save.
- Let's check it out! Create a new page using our new Visiting Lecturers content type.
- Looks good with one Date and Location. What will it look like with two? Let's add another one and see.
Not too bad, but we want them to be side by side.
It should now look like this.
- Just a note regarding field collections. When you Add another item to your field collection, you will notice extra KU Page Settings tabs at the bottom of your content type. There will be one for the Visiting Lecturers content type and one for each Date & Location field collection. This is normal and will not affect how your content type will function.
- Bonus: Next we will take a look at the URL alias patterns and customize that as well!