The CMS site process is as follows (and see additional information for CLAS sites):
- Attend site administrator training (your site editors and contributors can also attend Editor and Contributor training)
- Request your Drupal account
- Submit a project request form with KU Marketing Communications if you would like to schedule a consultation on your site navigation.
- Select a CMS header image for your site or create your own using the photoshop template provided.
- Build your site, and make sure you read KU's linking standards and guidelines for writing for the web. Use the help form when you need technical assistance.
- When you are ready to publish your site, fill out the Request for CMS approval form. The form will ask you to self-report on the steps you took to build your CMS site. The form is emailed to a team of reviewers who will get back to you within 30 days with an evaluation of the site. Be sure to submit your CMS approval form at least 30 days before you would like to launch the site. The site review will consist of some required changes and some suggested changes to help improve the user experience of your site. After you have completed the required changes the reviewer will help to pass on your site as approved to Web Services. Once passed on to Web Services as approved, it usually takes a couple of days for the site to go live.