Site & Template Settings
To setup the overall look an feel of your site, the first step is to configure your site & template settings. To do this, a site administrator should first login, and then:
- Click "Configuration"->"1. Site & Template Settings".
- Complete the form that is presented to you
- Template type - You can choose between Template 1 and Template 2 here. Depending on the choice you make, different options may appear on your sidebar configuration screen. Both templates are similar; the difference primarily lie in how the KU Sidebar is presented.
- Site title - The site title will appear in your page's title (what shows up in bookmarks and google searches), as well as in your top banner area.
- Subtitle - Subtitles are optional and appear below your site title. An example might be "The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences". HTML code is allowed here.
- Title & Subtitle Color - You can chose whatever title/subtitle color you would like to use here. Depending on the background images you use, you may need to go with a lighter color (for dark backgrounds) or darker color (for light backgrounds)
- Background Images - Background images are what appear behind your title in the top banner area. You can work with KU Public Affairs on developing your background image, including a free photo for it if needed by filling out this form
- Contact Page - In your site's footer, you will see "Contact your site name". By clicking that link, it will take the user to the page listed here.
- Address, Phone, Email, and Bus routes - These are all optional but recommended fields that will appear in your site's footer, directly below the contact link.
- Footer Column 2 - Any information here will be added to the right half of your footer, along side the contact information. Examples might include quick links, slogans, or small images/icons.
- Auto-hide the left navigation area - If you have chosen template one, you have the option to hide the left navigation area if there are no links to display there. This means that for pages that do not have 3rd-level links, the grey navigation gutter will disappear and the content will stretch the full width of the block.
- Finally, click "Save Configuration". This can take upwards of 1 minute to save as it clears your site's cache and resets the template settings.